Friday, January 13, 2006

Did you ever get that feeling. . .

when you wake up in the morning proud not to be an American. LOL - I guess. I have a spare this morning and I thought about some things from my sociology class that are pertinent to my nationalistic pride. In terms of sociological perspective, I raise each morning with a thought to begin my day. As a student you can't procrastinate enough (I tell you). But the fact of the matter is - I just farted - don't hold your breath - but the defenses that arise in a world of freedom. I interpret freedom in a world I can behave-freely. That's my utmost basic understanding from a sociological standpoint. Be it a pessimistic drive/of/ambition or otherwise superfluous? The world areound you is what navigates us as individuals of which we have no control over! Therefore, I think [therefore I am. . .] in this sense, not as though a martyr, (think Osama Bin Laden) as a cause. What informs my judgment is not based on any form of bias or stereotype. Stereotypically, individuals in society cannot be labelled into conformity or issuing complacency such as in Nazi-Germany when the Jewish "minority" wore the Star of David. It is this kind of a matter, that speaks from individuals lack of individuality or a lack thereof. . . the mentality albeit necessary to communicate language into thoughts. Thoughts into beliefs. Beliefs into prejudice? Our understanding from what took place during the time, of Nazi-Germany, can be put into perspective, in such a manner of speaking that the sociological perspective provides.

I have a sociological imagination - a social fact - that can reveal my own thoughts into ideals of how everday society is historically meant. A social fact allows the basis for my sociological imagination to shape an argument or thesis.

In my past experience, related to sociology. My own bias can reveal many different things. As an opinion on the era Nazi-Germany brought to post-modern society, the idea of prejudice in a form of racism. Hitler was a racist-bigot that promoted hatred against the Jews. (This follows a pattern of inheriting sociological fact into our present day understanding of what-racism shapes the societies we live today.)

Therefore, when we take into account how sociology plays a part in the dynamics of each individual as a whole - this creates an influential property - that sociology can demonstrate the consequences of individuals behavior. Thought not necessarily representing our world-views on different subjects (i.e. specifically individuals in society as a group...). The need for sociology can impact the world in relation to such subjects as the terrorist attacks in the post 9/11 era we live in.

No comments: