Sunday, August 09, 2026

courage as contradiction




The moment you claim God is omnipotent, you face a contradiction.
If God is all-powerful, then evil exists within a world He created and governs.
And suddenly, the image of God becomes far more disturbing than the comforting version we want to believe in.
Yahweh is not simply the helper. He is also the persecutor. The creator and the destroyer. The source of protection and the source of terror.
One aspect is no less real than the other.
This is not poetry , It is JUNG’S psychological diagnosis.
Perhaps the problem is not that God contains contradictions.
Perhaps the problem is that we cannot tolerate a God who does.

==================

"Perhaps the problem is not that God contains contradictions.
Perhaps the problem is that we cannot tolerate a God who does."
Powerfully put. Well postulated. Intellectually sound.

===============
God does contain contradictions, but our understanding of him can.
The “contradiction” postulated above is a false dichotomy. It supposes God should be a tyrant, not allowing free choice and evil.

==============
Again, I am grounded in my purveyance. I posted it because I learned from the same idea - using the same interpretation you had. That supposes God "should be" a tyrant. You're absolutely right. It can.
My personal perception is in the contradiction of what that the statement (i.e false dichotomy) implies. It may be a false dichotomy. I agree with you here.
However, there is cause that in the supposition related to what my interpretation for contradiction is. It is, that god is flawed if we contradict the same authority. (e.g. tyranny) Therefore, the contradiction would be baseless. Would it not? My point is free will and choice (you corrected me) means I as in 'we' not allow evil.
I hope that made sense.
In synopsis: I characterize the virtue of god. That if we have god's will. We will act in ordinance of our right to exist as the idea of god allows us to. In effect, even in contradiction. Does this make sense?

  •  Marco Almeida Can you unpack your “God is flawed if we contradict the same authority” statement? I’m not following it.

    Sorry - I'm racing on the fly while getting ready to attend mass.
    lol.
    What I meant is:
    If there is a tyrant.
    We act as flawed, because we fail to act in contradiction to it.
    This follows: that we identify with the tyrant then the contradiction is not to be found as god. It is that we are aware contradiction is met through forcing us to think that contradicting authority would be false.
    My point is the main objective as contradiction allows us to purge 'tyrant vs god'. Only god can contradict tyranny. Therefore, even if "God is flawed if we contradict the same authority” = god being omnipotent, we can see the contradiction if tyrants assume the role of god. We are made to contradict it through the same law of contradiction. We must not fear authority, knowing god is the only one that can.












    No comments: