Sunday, August 09, 2026

Purity of the heart is to will one thing

 I am content with what I have. I am happy with my God, with my chant and my devotion. Devotion to God is the song of my heart, and my happiness is in that song. Your song may be more clear and open, but when I sing my heart is full. What more can a man ask than to have a full heart? We are brothers in my song, and I am not disturbed by your song."⁠

When the song is real there is neither you nor I, but only the silence of the eternal. The song is not the sound but the silence. Do not let the sound of your song fill your heart.⁠
J. Krishnamurti⁠
Commentaries on Living⁠
⁠==============
"What more can a man ask than to have a full heart?" - Main objective in dissertion
===============
The above question Krishnamurti asked. It is a very truthful statement. (If not asked in the form of a question.)
How does one arrive at a full heart?
I am intrigued.
No one has ever asked me that, before.
I love it when I come across something curious.
I don't care to rationalize it. (Maybe not knowing is enough.)
But if I ask myself truthfully, what is it like to feel like having a heart so full you can not lie about it to the point that life itself is in yonder. My idea is that if I am smaller in the universe than the paradox suggests that life is a bigger than we realize of life's pressures in it. What then is sacrifice, what then is love. What.
It puts everything about who I am in perspective. Krishnamurti suggesting that silence, the silence you experience is a feeling. And if that feeling is one of the idea you possess god. Is god that filling your heart? God the idea. God the silent killer. God your friend.
I can assure myself. That if I know in my heart what is it made of. Maybe it is purely an existential question.
Can you lie to yourself (and others) about the seriousness of feeling. Feeling your heart so full, whether it be joy or not. Just a feeling of it being full no matter what the contents.
The answer? Maybe it is the only reason for living. . .
- Marco

================



No comments: