Sunday, August 02, 2026

My defense that Oscar Wilde is my protege

 "In all unimportant matters, style, not sincerity, is the essential. In all important matters, style, not sincerity, is the essential." - Oscar Wilde 

=========

Oscar Wilde is my protege, he singlehandedly became the man I want to be, an artist, philosopher, writer.  Therefore, he protects my interests, because he put his interests in place, and I put his interests in place of my own.  (It is impossible to put my interests in his place, which would make me his protege.) Since I care to represent what path he created, makes him my protege - of the path I want to take.

=========

I use the same type of thinking. . . with names like Fernando Pessoa, Jose Saramago, Socrates, all of these men.

=========

I am quite satisfied with the kind of artist I always wanted to become, a writer, a philosopher - this is what I aimed for in my life.

=========

Love has deprived me my ability to master the art of being human in its unromantic environment, hard to please, and never failing.

=========

  1. No matter how hard you try - you will not provoke me into a fight.  No matter how jealous you are.
  2. No matter how much you want to hurt me - I am not scared of being hurt.
  3. No matter how weak or vulnerable empower yourself to be more than you think of it.

=========

Winnipeg is full of nobodies with integrity and take pride in that.  Fail.

=========

I on the other hand have integrity because I am somebody that makes your life more than it actually is. 


==============

It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel. -Proverbs 20:3
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. -John 15:12

The key to success is for you to make a habit throughout your life of doing the things you fear. - Vincent Van Gogh

Proofs as to why I cannot be considered as Oscar Wilde's protege: (notes)
How can anyone be someone else's protege unless that same objective is not carried out from the opposite source. You cannot be another persons protege unless you know that they adopt your interests the same way you do.
I cannot say I am Oscar Wilde, I can only say that I want to be like Oscar Wilde. Therefore, this does not make me his protege.
Oscar Wilde cannot possibly know I adopt the same interests that he does. Therefore, because I want to emulate him my own way, is to be honored.


No comments: