Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Dallas @ Seattle

Tonight it was Monday Night Football on ABC, and I had an interesting "talk" with my father at the dinner table.

My dad usually doesn't start conversations with me, but tonight was different. We just "talked". It was something I wished we did more of.

I cannot help think as negatively about my life, as I've been doing lately, but I needed to have my dad plug into me the way he did.

I think maybe I can change?


That my dad and I did some talking, without a worry with school or work or whatever... We just sat where we were and didn't let anything bother us.


I felt differently yet some calm in the air that I wasn't used to having after being in the kitchen alone with my dad. Just me and my father.


I've been thinking about my future in a way, that I'll be deserted in some way? I ask myself where will the television be, when I'm as old as my dad is today? Now, I'm young but when the future comes... will I be ready?


I see how much I've changed just by a simple conversation with my dad.


I've blamed so much on my past.


Edgar Correia doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. When I found him with my ex-girlfriend in bed, it was on our graduation night!! We're no longer friends. I went into a depression and after the amount I've suffered... I don't feel Edgar's "good enough". We helped him and his mom so much in the time of need, and I won't go back to that time. Since Edgar has gone through to his daily life, he's doing what I'm not, but I won't be in his shadow.


Edgar found other friends, when I wasn't as good enough to be. Me not good enough?


I had friends like Nuno Neves and his girlfriend Nancy, felt I was interfering in her relationship with Nuno. Nancy is possessive. Now I say she can keep Nuno. I don't care.


I want to be appreciated.


Thank you dad.


http://allpoetry.com/Poem/207484


“There is something that is much more scarce, something finer far, something rarer than ability. It is the ability to recognize ability.” – Elbert Hubbard

No comments: