Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas 2004

Since I was a boy, Christmas has always been important to me... for I've had some connection and a deep attachment.

The gifts would be wrapped and under the tree.

However, the tree itself is the symbol that designates what Christmas is about.

When the tree decorations are hung-up on each branch and the ornaments bring the tree to life. A spirit.

This year marks a lot of special memories for me of many past Christmas seasons.


Tomorrow my aunt leaves Portugal and will be in Belgium. Her surgery will be performed on December 29.


I know I've spent many years trying to put the past behind me once and for all. The fear of god has lifted itself and rested on my shoulders.


Some people would believe in the meaning of Christmas and forget where it comes from. Christmas isn't a red-cap or shiny nose and a bag full of toys. Now, I can see that the price that's paid is in full. People forget that Christmas is the belief in something greater, of hope and prosperity, of living a meaningful eternal life. That my wish is for health and happiness in the shape of god. Gods will is the Christmas season in mind and body to become blessed in all his glory.

Looking back into another doorway that's open, the Christmas I had this year was different than all of the other times.

I shared a different kind of light, I shed a different kind of tear.

This Christmas was in the name of my mother and father, my sister and her boyfriend, and especially my aunt.



No comments: