Saturday, December 04, 2004

Not Copping Out

Instead of worrying about what my next job promotion should be, I'm "busy" enough having myself deal with self-esteem issues.

Today, I came across something on the Internet, that calculates the amount of money I'd need to save me $1, 000,000.

This surprised me.

I would need to save $1, 000 for the next 28.5 years of my life. (That means aside from paying out taxes and other interest subtracted from the income I earn.) Which also meant I must recieve enough income to put aside $1, 000 from my earnings. *Aside from expenses of daily living, I'd have to earn enough income and save $1, 000 every month for 28.5 years per each month.

It got me thinking.

I concentrate on what my emotional intelligence has brought me, if I compare myself to how other people my age value?

I wonder.

What MUST I be?

Have I really wasted my life?


No comments: