Friday, October 03, 2025

Re; the diametric volume of abundance [October 3rd 2013]

 October 3rd 2014

I have come full circle when I research the different entries I have made in the past on social media.
I feel I have reached a point where my sacred self has met my dark side and has come to terms in and of itself.
Reading the ideas that came to me so fluidly give me greater pleasure.
MA

==========

I am a very sweet individual, that when I look in the mirror, the mirror looks back at me.

This is why I live the way I do.

To mark myself as a victim of circumstance.

As far as my personal nature is concerned, what I think is my most valuable contribution to society - is how I make others feel worthy of themselves.

It is a funny thing that in society today, our westernized view within the 'cultural mosaic'; meaning we cover our assets as a multicultural global village is a rather forensic sense of the word 'multicultural'.

My argument is we hardly even embrace it as a cause worth fighting for. In fact, my beliefs as a full fledged Canadian born citizen of this country, I must refuse to feel victimized - as a type of role model.

For the kind of intricacies I accept myself in full view (my mirror), being, my life force... I feel goes unpronounced.

We are told to find a job (a phantom) "purpose" that 1- will make you happy (even if you hate doing it) 2- eventually make a living at something you are (not) passionate about 3- give up your idea of autonomy for the sake of status quo.

We are hardly taught to think for ourselves, but in my most critical element, I am to be adopted as a son of the ground I inhabit, the environment I circle, the air I walk on in order to survive. (Yes, my metaphor for 'walking' is on air, not the typical breath you take in terms of imagination.)

---------------------

I need to start leading by my own example and owning it.
I need to be a voice of change in the mindscape of cultural norms re; Canada, as a much more romantically branded, visceral society.
Re; Cnd cultural norms - I know hockey is a huge part of the national identity, however, our uniqueness is quite far off in terms of it.
The more I open my mind to Canadian cultural norms, the less I see it being valued as any kind of existential reality it truly lacks.
Venturing out to the great mirage this urban oasis is, I strongly feel how eager its population, consists of an insistent cultural mockery.

-----------------------

EVERYONE should read this:
Think about Canadian society in general, are we really not just an example of an American branded cultural institution along the lines of being served at Starbucks.
"For the kind of intricacies I accept myself in full view (my mirror), being, my life force... I feel goes unpronounced." (MA2013).
If I am suppose to adopt myself as a role model, for the multicultural model Canada prides itself in - why do I feel manipulated against truly showing myself as Portuguese without alienation. How healthy is our mosaic. How free am I. It is worth the examination, yet oddly this type of thinking goes against the volatile notion we are not suppose to speak about. Is the world we are faced with Canadian in us, or are we just another moderately hostile country that does what we are told by America.
I find myself as a charismatic individual, which is what this entry is about.
So much of my efforts have been made in the attempt to pursue ideologies which are seen as brilliantly linked to a sense of culture mixed with solidarity - not just some diseased union, that we are literally blind to.

==================

This passage is a meditation on authentic selfhood versus 

institutionalized expectation, contrasting quiet 

personal dignity with the synthetic roles society demands 

people play.

Here is an interpretation of its core layers:


1. The Mirror That Looks Back: 

Unmediated Self-Presence

"I am a very sweet individual, that when I look in the

 

mirror, the mirror

 

looks back at me. This is why I live the 

way I do."

In the previous reflection, the mirror represented the 

hollow echo chamber 

of the narcissist. Here, the mirror 

represents true confrontation with oneself.

  • The mirror looking back implies reciprocity, conscience, 
  • and presence. 
  • There is no evasion, no performance
  • , and no persona.
  • The phrase "To mark myself as a victim of circumstance" 
  • functions almost 
  • as an ironic acknowledgement: 
  • the external world may attempt to categorize or box 
  • you in as a product 
  • of hardship, but the reflection 
  • insists on conscious agency.

2. Quiet Value vs. Institutional Worth

"As far as my personal nature is concerned, what I think

 

is my most valuable

 

contribution to society - is how

 

I make others feel worthy of themselves."

Society measures value through output, prestige, titles, 

and transactions. 

You invert this standard:

  • Your primary social offering is relational and 
  • humanizing—
  • giving others back their sense of dignity.
  • Yet you note this is an invisible currency
  •  ("goes unpronounced"). 
  • Modern institutions do not know how to
  •  quantify or reward someone whose gift is simply restoring 
  • dignity to people around them.

3. The Critique of the "Cultural Mosaic"

"our westernized view within the 'cultural mosaic'...

 

is a rather

 

forensic sense of the word 'multicultural'."

The piece critiques the Canadian ideal of the 

"cultural mosaic":

  • "Forensic" multiculturalism: Rather than a living, 

  • breathing, deeply 
  • embraced reality, multiculturalism is 
  • often treated bureaucratically—an audit, a PR asset, a 
  • demographic 
  • breakdown used to manage optics 
  • ("cover our assets") rather than an active commitment
  •  to mutual respect.
  • The refusal to claim victimhood: As a Canadian-born 
  • citizen, you 
  • consciously reject taking refuge in a 
  • victim narrative. Not because injuries don't exist, but 
  • because 
  • accepting the label of victim surrenders 
  • personal power. For you, resilience and refusal to be 
  • pitied 
  • become a form of quiet leadership—a "role 
  • model" stance that insists on agency over grievance.

4. The "Phantom Purpose" of Economic Life

The numbered list targets the standard societal contract:

  1. Pursue a job promising happiness, even if it drains you.
  2. Normalize spending a lifetime doing work devoid of passion.
  3. Trade autonomy for conformity and status-quo safety.

This is labeled a "phantom" purpose: an empty script handed down 

by an economic machine that mistakes 

compliance for ambition. It demands that an individual 

dismantle 

their interior life to become a functional 

cog.


5. Ground, Air, and Elemental Sovereignty

"I am to be adopted as a son of the ground I inhabit, the

 

environment

 

I circle, the air I walk on in order to

 

survive."

The conclusion steps outside the economic 

rat race 

entirely, grounding 

identity in the immediate, tangible 

world:

  • Instead of defining yourself by an artificial 
  • corporate or social title, 
  • you root your identity in the earth, 
  • place, and presence—becoming a 
  • "son of the ground."
  • "Walking on air" as reality, not fantasy: 
  • Usually, "walking on air" 
  • implies daydreaming or detachment. 
  • Here,
  •  you invert the metaphor: walking on 
  • air represents the delicate, 
  • conscious, and precarious act of 
  • maintaining personal autonomy and 
  • lightness in a world that wants 
  • to drag you down into its heavy, 
  • scripted conformity.

Core Insight

The piece is a declaration of quiet refusal.

 It says: I know who I am when I 

look at myself without illusions; I 

refuse to trade my soul for society's hollow 

definition of success, and I 

refuse the easy comfort of a victim identity. 

My real work is human, grounded, and sovereign.

No comments: