Tuesday, December 26, 2006

After Christmas

Today is like any other day - only better because of Christmas. I gave Tanya a gift of the perfume she wanted. I had heard from my sister that the perfume is the same as my godmother wore.

I also realize, how much I've become less superstitious toward those that do not believe in Christmas?

The story of good will about Scrooge who was a man of enthusiasm as "Christmas past", then as "Christmas present" and "Christmas Future". . . in some untold mystery of its true meaning. Scrooge, might dictate how the carossel of emotions combine his lack of mystery in real life. The moral of the story itself is about why Christmas has such 'mystery' for many who care to celebrate it. Unlike Scrooge, the true hero identifies with Scrooge in order to define what characterizes Christmas can only be done as Scrooge renews his mystery that explores what Christmas really signifies. Perhaps, Scrooge although not 'himself' per se acts as the solution to those that lack clarity to act.

Such a story reminds me of how lucky I am to be here with my family, my sister Marta and our parents. This year, Tanya helped me remind myself of this important time of year.

I do see how special Christmas is for some people though not most would care to admit. I'm thinking about how for others unlike Scrooge fail to commit to any amount of significance behind the spirit of Christmas. Therefore, for people that fail to act like Scrooge forget what Christmas truly means.

I suppose it is easy to overlook such people that neglect the spirit of Christmas, create their own world-views see it as a fairy-tale without considering the value of how Christmas is typical of finding Scrooge.

This year, I found my Scrooge. It is a process of renewal.

It is a step forward.

There are those that will displace the meaning of Christmas, strictly adopt the rules of consumership "marketing Christmas" as though it mirculously or magically saves them. These people (as there are many) fail to find Scrooge as the kind of thinking it takes to be in the spirit of Christmas.

As we joined together at my parents house on Bannatyne, I discovered how little others have learned in identifying with Christmas. Instead, from forming a type of purpose thought, "Christmas is here - it only comes once a year." It was sad to see. I also found out how naive people associate Christmas with tradition, escape into their own warped cacoons and prefer to celebrate with racoons rummage through garbage? Like I said, this was said to see. The truth is, it did not - it will not - spoil what I've been taught. That is the key.

You cannot change the world, unless you decide to be the difference maker. I was proud to be with my family and know the Christmas I have inside.

Last week, when I attended a Christmas gathering, the entire atmosphere was neglected of anything that Christmas for me is about. Now, a week later those same people were supposed to meet us for Christmas.

As we gathered earlier in the day, we discovered that one of those who were supposed to attend declined the invitation. We can call him The Scrooge.. The Scrooge decided to make a marriage proposal to "the future" Mrs. Scrooge. However, this is not to be confused with as a story about Christmas. Remember this as a story about ignorance. Mr. Scrooge might have proposed, but he'd never have the full-meaning of what Christmas actually means. The Scrooge is in a world divided without the meaning of Christmas. Therefore, he feels as though he exists bigger than Christmas. In fact, he chose to propose in New York because the present - to be future - Mrs. Scrooge actually believes that she's bigger than Christmas too.

I realize that for the Scrooges of the world, have no concept of the word Christmas or for that matter what it fails to demonstrate. As for the future Mr./Mrs. Scrooge, they'll always be obsessed with the rest of the worlds Scrooges.

I can honestly say, my house is A Scrooge-Free Zone.

Amen. ~

No comments: