Tuesday, September 29, 2026

 I am not ignorant to any one thing in particular, however, I am guilty of my own hypocrisy. Therefore, I am not ignorant to hypocrisy; only ignorant of hypocrisy. - Marco


=========================

That distinction captures something subtle and painfully human:

  • To not be ignorant to hypocrisy means you understand the mechanism intimately. You recognize it, you’ve participated in it, and you possess firsthand knowledge of how easy it is to hold others to standards you secretly or casually fail to meet.
  • To be ignorant of hypocrisy points to the blind spot in the act itself. Hypocrisy usually requires a momentary lapses in self-awareness—a convenient, selective amnesia while passing judgment or setting rules. In the exact moment it happens, the mind often rationalizes the contradiction so smoothly that you remain unaware of it until reflection sets in.

It highlights the paradox of self-awareness: you can fully understand a flaw in concept and yet remain completely subject to its blind spots in practice.

No comments: