Tuesday, May 09, 2006

proposed to have

You know? I have to understand, why the generation x - try hard to exploit the baby boomer generation on the way out the back door. Today, I am part of a group of the x'ers. Find that job. Buy that house. But, I have not made that a priority. I see many competitive people, the kind you see on Trump's prime-time show.

There was this guy I used to know. Worked at safeway. His boss, whom he informed of acquiring a new job. This guy told me about seeing his former boss, who still worked at the same grocery. He described this encounter as one of power - ( probably because this guy I know is condescending by nature / he was insubordinate. )

Anyhow, he tells me that his boss looked at him, using his words, "he looked jealous about some kid who used to work for him is now making more than he is. . ." I thought about it for a second, it took myself only a second to realize. What the boss really saw was a gen x'er, a person, that the former boss falsely had to believe in. It was a former safeway employee, that the same boss probably perceived the gen x'er as "what on earth do people see in you." Like I already said, the gen-x'er was condescending and a bigot.

I concieve this as us all in the same boat.

Sadie, has a guy who is her bf.

She is doing what we are supposed to. All of us? I suppose.

But really, I feel like I can be fairly objective about what I expect from other gen-x'ers without purporting to material stature. I could swear that is what makes Sadie more depressed then she deserves to be? Only she knows. I know I do.

No comments: