Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Overemphasis of virtue

What's worse then lying is not to tell the truth. A good habit.

I've seen myself.

Now, I can recall how I used to be. A flawed human being with many flaws. Flaws.
I was flawed, due to my own behavior. After a tragic car accident, my sense of self interest, priorities and self respect were ill found. Today, I can look backward and determine the difference it makes in my life now. It's become a part of who I am and something I can own. Instead, I can look forward with a renewed sense of self. I can incumbent the good with my uniqueness and the bad with interest to invest.

I've reinvented myself... to the point. That everything in my life as I still am, can only make things better. I don't wish to blame myself for everything, and owning the consequences invloved makes a huge factor. This is the truth about me. That I used to act in a way, only hiding beneath the surface of my guilt and shame it brought me. I couldn't own the guilt, and I found other ways to compensate.

Fact: those years of my life attune myself as though I was criminal. I didn't like myself. Even though I knew that I had put on a mask. The anxiety. The insecurity. The vulnerability.

-

No comments: