Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Throwing the hammer down

The difference between the act of jealousy and conceit is a fair comparison. I often wonder how people reject the idea.

It seems to me that whatever people appear to be on the surface of life, doesn't matter as much until they seem to show off an inhibition beyond what was meant from the original point of contact.

To illustrate the example, I found myself being tested.

The question is: how to "test" if there exists a difference in knowing jealousy vs. conceit. The nature must be a characteristic presented in doubt of something happening, because the trust involves ones personification or identification with the other individual causing a test.

The answer to the question is: jealousy can exist but it is depending upon the level of conceit another person provides.

(This is a metaphysical proposition.)

1) You cannot cancel one thing or the other thing acting on conceit or jealousy.
2) People in general, are not easily confronted with jealousy or conceit nor can it be anticipated.
3) Ones participation does not reflect a choice being made not does it interfere with it being replicated by another.

The conclusions -

as an example of examining the relation between conceit and jealousy? I'm reminded of a time that a person I know, I was forced in responding to a question I did not initiate. "Why, jealous?" The intent of the person, related to a gift that had not been opened. My observation of the event, was that I could not cover my lack of jealousy through the manner which was expressed. Did I act with conceit? (Was the question a probable misconception, that the conceit I displayed to understand the person's question?) I interpreted the question in one way and one way only. If I mirrored the concept of jealousy as such, then my conceit is the manner in which the person who asked expressed their pleasure. Therefore, my own interpretation could only have covered the other person's noble gesture. Could I have possibly answered, "No, I'm sorry but I am presently too conceited to be jealous of anything."

No comments: