Monday, March 28, 2005

When I feel anxiety I become more abrasive in how to manage situations.

Managing my life right now, is something I'm feeling all too unaware or unfamiliar about. As a result of the way things are right now, I think I'm in a pursuit of unhappiness?

What my situation boils down too, is coming to a realization of where I am (presently) and the person I want to become (future).

Living with my parents, I know that I feel more scared about leaving and living on my own. However, I also need to take responsibility for myself!

Survival hasn't been easier for me then compared to many other people. That I know.

I've convinced myself that I've changed from the younger man I used to be,
transformed I'm an adult that cannot be threatened because of skeletons in my closet.

I believe in the truth. The truth being, like drinking my favorite soda Coca-Cola. If tomorrow a health inspector found a dead rat floating in the basins where coke was produced? Would the inspector have the authority to close the entire operation? Could it be that such an undiscovered occurrence, may happen regularly in other places coke is being made? The answer is probably that the consumption of the coke wouldn't infect people with a disease nor should it kill anyone. But would the consumer deserve to know about such a problem? Could it be that the consumer not being aware of something, (such as a dead animal contaminating the production of the product) can in fact go unnoticed?

It'd be lethal if the health authority, making the discovery were to publicly renounce Coke to its buyers.

In reality, nothing stops Coca-Cola from the power they have to produce their product. The discovery becomes maintained inside (internally) and the industry won't be exposed to outside (external) sources of public information.

The nature of Coca-Cola's domain, will not be violated but it's protected under the law. The rules for penalty for things such as fraud will be covered, unless the inspector tries to cross ethical guidelines. In which case if the inspector decided to pursue the information publicly, might challenge Coca-Cola interfering with fair practice. In such a routine inspection of the Coca-Cola plant, (where a dead rat was found contaminating the drinking product...) an inspector doesn't have to compromise their position of authority. The inspectors job is committed to standards that won't jeopardize the industry and can have a choice of resigning.

The obligations associated with being an inspector of health, might explain my dilemma, because I can tolerate the association I have with Coke as my favorite drink. If someone else is only in it for what they want in return, the health inspector knows exactly what is needed for the supply of Coke to remain uncontaminated.

No comments: