Thursday, August 21, 2008

michael phelps has adhd

sanjay
Post subject: Posted: Aug 21, 2008 - 08:23 AM




Joined: Sep 22, 2007
Posts: 50

Status: Offline
What is disturbing about the latest Asper proposal is
that the public has no vote. Asper now wants to build a new stadium at the U of M. Where will the cash cow be located (MALL) Or will the taxpayer be the sugar daddy ?
If the Polo Park location is dead then a new vote should be done by bomber board of directors. This is a new proposal and is not what the board agreed to.
It's hard to tell what was said to this incompetant bunch who sit on board. Maybe they got a box of free left over Asper hot dogs. The government should kick this gang out and put in place a new board that will run this team and be accountable to the public. Not Bauer or Asper.

=====================
Not to steal your thunder here^, but that was very well put. Aside from the ego-maniacs. . . this team needs a facelift in the worst way. A majority of this befalling on an inadequate BoD's that have succumbed to the totalitarian propter Bauer.
We can say this: Bauer is illegitimate right along side a brain washed BoD. There is absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever, especially considering the 'community ownership' label has been removed into the clandistine 'toxic waste' department. . . located on the foot of this present BoD boardroom. Maybe there's a trap door beneath Bauer's executive chair as well, (someone forgot to check the batteries.)

===========================

PIGSEYE
Post subject: Posted: Aug 21, 2008 - 12:11 PM




Joined: Apr 06, 2005
Posts: 4535


imo, people such as (in example only) bigco and sanjay are avoiding the big picture, which is the financial viability of the team in the long run. Without league handouts and GC hostings, the team can not stay out of the red even in the sms era. So your choices become twofold. Maintain the status quo and lower spending to match revenues, which puts us behind the rest of the teams in the league in terms of payroll or take a run at the GC only in those years when we host it or switch divisions, relying on the revenue for both, to field a competitive team, every 10 years or so. That last method has gotten us exactly 0 GCs in the past 18 years and it clearly isn't working.

So along comes the biggest Bomber fan in the province, who just happens to be a billionaire, who would like to own the franchise and put them into a building that will generate more revenue, as well as give them a guraranteed revenue stream from a retail complex, ensuring they will be viable and competitive with the other teams in the league for the forseeable future.

I frankly don't care where the money or location or whatever for a new stadium comes from, or if Asper gets even richer off the deal. Just as long as the viability of the football team is guaranteed for the future. It's the last freakin professional team we have left in this decaying city and I would hope that everyone involved in this process realizes that.

As for the Asper legacy, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting some facility that this family hasn't spearheaded the cause for, and that's only the stuff you actually hear about. There hasn't been a family in Winnipeg (even the Richardsons) who have given so much to this city and have never once asked for anything in return.

====================

....GOOD POST PIGSEYE....as for me, i'm sick and tired of all the bafflegab...as far as i'm concerned there should be shovels in the ground bulding the new facility right now...and if it weren't for so many fingers-in-the-pie- (fed, etc.)...that's exactly what would be happening ...Debate is great....and i think everyone that is concerned has voiced an opinion ..pro and con...There comes a time when you either poop or get off the pot...I'll say once again...the FUTURE of this franchise hangs in the balance...and that is the big picture for football fans in the Peg...Whichever way this thing goes,
will ultimately determine the direction this city will be heading....Stick with a paste-up job of the old facility and the mediocrity we now only too well in Wpg. orrrrr go with an investor who has his heart and his wallet in an exciting enterprise for the Peg...QUESTION...in YOUR heart, as a Bomber fan ...what would you prefer??????????...choice is yours...


=====================

With all due respect, you both equally deserve full marks for the rebuttals and I take nothing away from those opinions which merit quality given integrity. I consider those the kinds of opinions that deserve credit, which offer clarity in your positions respectively. (unlike the canon fodder that goes on in subsequent boards that shall remain nameless.) I'm looking for guts here. That's all I ask for.

=======================
My mom told me this at lunch, it really opened my eyes to hear it. Then I started wondering what makes me different from achieving 8 gold medals? I only came up with one thing, like most ADDers, Phelps must love the attention.

http://www.additudemag.com/additude/article/1998.html

Talk about being under the microscope.

Then I talked to my dad about Phelps double-jointed-ness. . .

"His size-14 feet reportedly bend 15 degrees farther at the ankle than most other swimmers, turning his feet into virtual flippers. This flexibility also extends to his knees and elbows, possibly allowing him to get more out of each stroke."



Consequently, trying to emulate the Phelps diet by consuming up to 12,000 calories a day in order to attain his physique would more than likely come to a wobbly end.

One pound of fat has roughly 3,500 calories, so an ordinary man could put on almost three pounds of fat a day.


^I heard about this when at the lake this week-end, that this boy consumes over 10,000 calories a day, then I thought, man I wish I could be that guy.


Quote
With that kind of turn-around, topping up his carbohydrate count is key, Ms Lewin suggested. The copious amount of refined carbohydrates consumed in the bread and pasta he eats will digest quickly and give the swimmer instant energy.

Phelps, who weighs around 85kg (187lbs), understands this. Asked what was needed to continue his gold-medal winning streak, he said simply: "Get some calories into my system and try to recover the best I can."


I weigh as much as this guy.


=====================

"I recognized that that 25-year-old man, I don't think he really appreciated the life that he was taking, that this was a human being," he said. "I feel now at 53 I have grown into a deeper understanding of what a human life is. I have changed a lot."

=========================
I've paid a photo radar ticket, the largest I've ever received at 220.bananas.

I refused to acknowledge a visual sign (which I apparently missed) reading 60km per hour. That sign is located off of a highway, then into a u-shaped exit. . . you get the idea, one of those freeway type of exits. The reason it was stating 60km though is beyond the normal speed limit allowed on most freeway exists, which is usually between 40-50km per hour tops. However, this sign was supposedly meant to indicate (not the speed limit for the freeway's exit,) but because we were nearing a construction zone. Now, inexplicably this construction season during which the work is at its height, the police-force has been issuing a suicide mission against driving above 60km per hour in construction zones. Mainly the cause being speeding (though how excessive no one can say for sure. . . ) is the reason behind enforcing foto-radar in construction zones. People would neglect the by-law and not reduce their speed.

I guess I don't really have a case, but I'm prefering to be blind to the infraction and just pay due diligence. Though, I suppose I could have suggested to the magistrate, some form of bs story to alleviate the fine. . . no matter. What's done is paid for.

The question is: maybe I could have helped prove that the radar-enforcement does not warrant enough time to recognize the construction speed limit as it was posted. I used the speed limit on the exit, but I didn't realize until later that it was intended for the construction speed limit.

I might have had a case here. Meaning the sign was not indicative enough, especially because I normally don't commute in that part of the city. Sounds reasonable enough I guess.

====================

I hear your money grows on trees. Nobody pays radar tickets.

==================

I should have spoken with someone like you first. What was I supposed to do. I feel like an idiot, damned if i do, damned if i don't sort of thing.
Just getting the thing = i don't want to fight, for something i didn't want in the first place. Fuck. I knew i shouldn't have paid it.

======================

There's nothing wrong with paying your traffic fine if you're guilty. Don't beat yourself up. Maybe things have changed, but when I was in BC photo radar was the easiest thing to fight because the equipment was notoriously unreliable, so all you had to do was ask for a trial and the Crown would drop it.

===================

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Sadie on Today at 10:49 AM
also, there are a lot of Beatle/Lennon fans crazier than I am...he's smart to want to stay in prison where he's safer.


Knowing you sadie, even if you wouldn't "feel safe. . ." no matter what my intentions are, no matter how complex, no matter how deceiving you think the internet may be.

The circumstances (as I see them) are far more simpler-minded to me, that I wouldn't harm a fly, that doesn't mean I still wouldn't love to meet you. Yet, it is your right to refuse. (If you rationally equate what I'm getting through. . . That should act as a compliment to you.)

================================
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Sadie on Today at 10:48 AM
who gives a shit, he's just trying to make nice to get out, which he never will.

let him rot.


I think we're safe in assuming he doesn't know the difference between fantasy/reality. . . which is far more sensitive in this case of study. Human behavior or not he's still only human; the real test being whether he knows the difference which only true case-study professionals would speak of.

======================

in the next week. . .Share
Today at 1:55pm | Edit Note | Delete
it is my birthday (Aug. 27) I will be 31 this year. (circa2008) I suppose I've been thinking a lot about myself as an individual. For the first time since I was younger, I am actually looking forward to my birthday. . . as if it symbolizes a renewal of some sort only I can comprehend as I relate to it. It might be, because I feel I've become "full circle" in so much of my past-to-present experience. I feel reborn on some level that I haven't seen in my adulthood. . . until today. That must mean something? I feel I've grown both spiritually and as a human being (man).

To those I love, you know who you are.

To those that don't know the difference. . . try as hard as you can.

=======================

Mercules Re: uhmazing...
« Reply #18 on: Today at 11:44 AM »
Are you actually try to cut the guy down?

Vegas Re: uhmazing...
« Reply #19 on: Today at 12:53 PM »
just comparing him to the greatest athlete in Olympic history

Hap
Re: uhmazing...
« Reply #20 on: Today at 03:12 PM
we're just trying to figure out what makes him tick - other than the roids.

beaf Re: uhmazing...
« Reply #21 on: Today at 04:13 PM »
i'm gonna add determination and athletic ability to the difference between phelps and bigc

toonces Re: uhmazing...
« Reply #22 on: Today at 05:12 PM »
^that's pretty hard to refute; but this is all about a good conversation piece. . . that's it.

Mercules Re: uhmazing...
« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:11 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: beaf on Today at 04:13 PM
i'm gonna add determination and athletic ability to the difference between phelps and bigc


Beave's my boy

toonces Re: uhmazing...
« Reply #24 on: Today at 07:50 PM »
Here is what you find hard to understand; I wasn't bashing Phelps by any stretch of the imagination. I was complimenting him.

Now for the 'harder' part: it's as though some of you get too comfortable in the habit of monikering myself for so many years, that you fail to see the absurdity of your own posts. I can live with miscommunication (because this is the internet) but knowing exactly where you guys are coming from is a different story altogether. My reason for saying this is simple, if I were a newbie to this board and you guys weren't so apathetic, or defensive for illogical reasons, I wouldn't know the difference. Therefore, I'd sit here with a pencil in my nose. However, because people such as merk or beaf take liberty as if it's some form of entertainment, it's tough for you to accept how I might interpret your own idiocy.

I wasn't belittling Phelps, and I'm fully aware that he'd give a rats ass anyhow. So what the fuck is your point, you retarded american-morons, that's what.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: toonces on Today at 10:18 AM
My mom told me this at lunch, it really opened my eyes to hear it. Then I started wondering what makes me different from achieving 8 gold medals? I only came up with one thing, like most ADDers, Phelps must love the attention.

http://www.additudemag.com/additude/article/1998.html

Talk about being under the microscope.

Then I talked to my dad about Phelps double-jointed-ness. . .

"His size-14 feet reportedly bend 15 degrees farther at the ankle than most other swimmers, turning his feet into virtual flippers. This flexibility also extends to his knees and elbows, possibly allowing him to get more out of each stroke."



^I heard about this when at the lake this week-end, that this boy consumes over 10,000 calories a day, then I thought, man I wish I could be that guy.


I weigh as much as this guy.




How you guys mistaken this^ for as my conceited, over zealous, brand of thought. . . is fucking beyond all of you. And that's pretty sad. Mark this day as the day merk and beave stuck a head in each others ass, wanting to figure out how to get their heads into Phelps turd-hole.

p.s. fucking unbelievable. . . get bent.

=======================

How about a better question:

the immovable force that is y-lyle bauer has x-board of directors sitting on their hands.

the answer:

Tell me, with a circus act of panda's masquerading as a football team, the barenstein bears, gives you a heavy hearted bleeding heart brand of fans (that conspire along the lines of Rider noteriety). . . then refuse to part ways with Bauer, because lord knows Lyle is the grim reaper of this team. Without him, there is no future?

This team needs a horse, badly. The problem is, each and every fan has been hypnotized into comatose while the team fails on the field, where our product belongs, but are being treated as scapegoats for a more "prosperous" future that depends on Bauer/Asper.

If that doesn't sound farmiliar, it isn't far from the (sad) iconic truth.

But those that rather not read it in weep, correct it without thinking for themselves.

Removing Bauer/Taman, or the BoD's is far too much to grasp.

What ill fated, twisted, bitter-sweet. . . irony. How is it that we can't accept winning, if it means taking Bauer out with the trash??

No comments: