Friday, August 10, 2018

Taking objective turns

Addicts beware
I return to when the plot thickened.
Where I wanted you to like me.
And I stood there, 
With all had to do.
Was stand there.
So I changed colors like a chameleon.
You see me now,
And wonder where it a went wrong.
Then nighttime falls.
The curtain raises.
Oh, how I felt!
Whisper upon whisper.
Coming straight from the heart.
Like a frightened child.
So I took a chance.
I turned back.
I uncovered my secret.
And spoke it.
You don't know how it feels -
You don't know how it feels...
(I repeated myself.)
How addicted I feel toward you.
How I love being here.
How much I love you.
I just want to be liked.
And turn to you and say it.
Like it was yesterday I lay my head upon your lap.
These ideas are for the wild at heart.
Deep deep deep
Breaths.
Flowing in and out of my mind.
As I forgot about the one time,
You made me feel like everything
I ever wanted.
Now I die over a cup of coffee with you
The thought of you consumes me.
But releases you.

I was all all so so real.

My addiction.

No comments: