Wednesday, August 01, 2018

The vulgarity of riches

I win every time.
Not all the time.
Just some of the time.
I take aim at solving abstractly.
I take pride in thinking.
I improve my immunity to vulgarity.
I keep my own attention away
From the depths of discomfort.
I add to the safety of emotion.
I uncover morality furthest from it being easy.
My intent is raw as it is real.
My virtue is messy as it is passionate.
To do without fear.
As black as night.
My favorite color is green,
Where there is no transparency to filter,
And all mental perversions are desensitized.

2 comments:

BigC said...

“What sort of an age is this where a man becomes one's enemy only when his back is turned?” Thomas Pynchon

BigC said...

The reification I experience or least in my awareness of a personal nature, is that I have no power. Alternately, I do give my power away feely (experience) that I feel it in some ways. I do not give into power (awareness) that resembles authority. I function as I see fit.