Saturday, October 03, 2026

October 12th 2013

 True conviction is living life without unjust (a) defense mechanisms (b) unilateral suffering (c) selfish struggle.


A-B-C relate to, is how that one person imagines their above everyone else atop the totem pole; then to return its favor as though you are aware supposedly. If they were talking about themselves in the mirror it would go something like this,
- Oh look at the time - I am much more aware than you are.
- I am.
- Yes, I am.
- Are you aware that you are talking to yourself.
- You mean there is no one there to talk to, then yes, I am aware of only myself in this conversation.
- So if you are careful - more so careful than others - you could say everything you want without having to think.
- This is very clever of me.
- I would like to ask you a favor.
- Anything.
- Could you please tell me.
- Tell me what.
- I almost forgot I am only talking to myself.
- Then how do we know what we are doing.
- I do not know.
- You mean to tell me you do not know how I got this far without knowing.
- Something like that.
The only part that is self-aware, is the selfish - selfish self. The external world MUST rely on their own inhibitions alone. It is a cheaters way of splitting a pie into uneven pieces.


People are guilty of using the art of deception as a very convincing thing; it compromises the true power of conviction into something much much worse as an alibi. Deceptive is just another persons decorative manner in debilitating the others best interests.

People use this as they are in positions of authority all the time.^ It is a fraudulent task, which give them the upper hand as though at will. The best defense against it, is the mind.

"Look - look at me, I have such a higher tolerance for you then most people would, do not test my pain threshold, or you will suffer."

I am of the opinion people that contradict everything I have ever stood up to, do so, because they have set double standards in place of my own ubiquity. I am speaking of humility as a form of trust in me as a person; people impose their will onto a weaker version of myself (i.e. exploitation). They have selective memory when it comes to the games they play, as hollow victories in the course of their history, so innately - that they convince themselves otherwise.

- Marco
==============

This passage reads as a sharp philosophical and psychological breakdown of narcissistic posturing, counterfeit righteousness, and psychological warfare.

Here is an interpretation of the core ideas, unpacking the premise, the internal monologue, and the broader critique of authority and double standards:


1. The Core Definition: What is "True Conviction"?

"True conviction is living life without unjust (a) defense mechanisms (b) unilateral suffering (c) selfish struggle."

  • (a) Unjust defense mechanisms: Genuine strength does not require constant armor, gaslighting, projection, or preemptive strikes. Defensiveness becomes "unjust" when it attacks reality simply to protect a fragile ego.
  • (b) Unilateral suffering: True belief doesn’t demand one-sided sacrifice where only one person bears the consequences, absorbs the fallout, or carries the pain while the other walks away clean.
  • (c) Selfish struggle: Conviction directed solely inward—fighting only for self-preservation, supremacy, or personal dominance—is not conviction; it is vanity disguised as purpose.

True conviction is grounded in reality and reciprocity. When those three elements are present, "conviction" is reduced to an alibi for manipulation.


2. The Dialogue in the Mirror: The Solipsism of the Narcissist

The scripted dialogue exposes the circular, empty logic of a mind entirely trapped in its own echo chamber:

  • The illusion of superiority: "I am much more aware than you are." The person confuses constant self-absorption with genuine self-awareness.
  • The collapse into solipsism: When pressed, the internal dialogue admits: "I am aware of only myself in this conversation." Because there is no room for an external reality or another person’s perspective, they don't have to empathize, listen, or balance the scale.
  • "A cheater’s way of splitting a pie": By living entirely inside their own narrative, they justify giving themselves the largest piece while demanding the rest of the world practice restraint ("rely on their own inhibitions alone"). They excuse their own actions while holding others strictly accountable.

3. Authority, Deception, and Inverted Suffering

The text pivots to how this plays out in social dynamics and hierarchies:

  • Deception as a decorative weapon: Dishonesty is dressed up as diplomacy, leadership, or moral superiority, but its functional purpose is debilitating the other person's self-trust and boundaries.

  • Weaponized martyrdom:

    "Look at me, I have such a higher tolerance for you than most people would, do not test my pain threshold, or you will suffer."

    This captures the classic tactic of emotional coercion: claiming victimhood while delivering a threat. By framing their basic tolerance as extraordinary saintliness, they make any pushback feel like an attack.


4. Humility Exploited as Weakness

The final section addresses the personal cost of navigating people who operate this way:

  • Double standards: Rules exist for you, but exceptions are made for them. Any boundary you assert is labeled a disruption; any imposition they make is framed as necessary.
  • The distortion of humility: You offer humility as an act of good faith, openness, and trust. To a predatory or domineering mind, that openness is not seen as grace—it is read as an invitation to exploit a perceived vulnerability.
  • Selective memory and hollow victories: To maintain their moral high ground, they must rewrite history. Accountability is erased, the harm caused is forgotten, and petty dominations are reframed as triumphs. They deceive themselves so deeply that they genuinely believe their own revised narrative.

Summary Takeaway

The piece draws a sharp line between authentic conviction and narcissistic entitlement:

  • Counterfeit conviction needs an audience, an enemy, and an alibi. It relies on manipulation, claims moral superiority, and offloads suffering onto others.
  • The defense against it is clarity of mind—refusing to adopt their double standards, recognizing when humility is being weaponized against you, and seeing the empty internal dialogue behind the performance.

No comments: