Tuesday, June 24, 2008

building good will; the false imagination

As my girlfriend was mooching off of my generosity at the moxie's restaurant, there was this magnetic sense we were there for a reason that could only explain the nature of our encounter. As later on it would be discovered the perfect ending to the night would call upon my defense of her, as our night continued with an unexpected turn of events. At the nightclub in Winnipeg's exchange district, Alive had brought some uninvited guests who during that time this brief altercation had provoked my interest between I and my girlfriend. The fellow who got in the way of my fun filled adventure, thought it'd be a good idea to smack her bottom without being given the liberty or permission to do so. It is not in good taste to treat your victims of the opposite sex in this case female with unabiding freedom. So to put this character in his place, a confrontation ensued with a dear in headlights to which my girlfriend kicked me out of the bar. Successfully. In truth, there are more matters of the heart to fuel my desires, such as the Italian wannabe mafia archetypes that believe they can show up to manuever their chauvanist intensity to a new level of scum. That in such a manner they would be able to entice anything that stands in their way, but to no evail, the security cameras pick up all forms of Italian insecurities and inferiority complex, which reminded me of individuals that change the purpose through their lives to cause a false sense of materialist independence. As though their vigor exvaporates into thin air. Superficial minded that the light of someone who truly has human qualities, the laws of diminishing returns apply. May my view of this short period in history equivocate a lifetime of noble wealth and humble authority.

============================

Okay, since none of you find it easy to respond, I'll dumb this down for you. (In the hopes of explaining better what I believe to be true.)

If you subscribe to the theory I hold re; the value of free speech, the right of free speech for the individual is two-fold. That is to say, in reviewing the case against Styne, Neil McDonald produced an impartial view that freedom of speech in Canada should be placed into a less broader context. However, does Styne not interfere with the subject that targets islam in a pro-US stance, that targets minorities as result of what the dialogue insinuates. It's a fair question to ask; that reveals how rights of the indiviudal as in freedom of speech are meant to be preserved.

======================
I do not hate vegas, or ghengis or anyone else on this board. I just had to say what I neeed to reflect on, because of what sadie inferred.

-------------------------

I want to talk about keanu reeves as an actor, as it has something to do with what I wrote to vegas. Keanu reeves has put more bs-acting on screen than I care to admit to myself, it's like watching dog-poo-poo. But in the end, even though Keanu hasn't come within a nose hair for an Oscar nomination, the man must be doing something right, the Matrix trilogy alone must make him an action hero of all time. That takes some form of genius I would think.

If you want to watch a movie you'll see me in, and not believe it to be 'boring' to watch is the assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford.

Casey Affleck played a ruthless type of character, that didn't mix well with Brad Pitt playing Jesse James. Especially the scenes where the focus is on Affleck. If not for Pitt, Affleck glory hogged the entire movie from start to finish.

In the scene I was an extra, is a shot where Affleck is challenging the audience to provoke him. Affleck: "Do you want to test my courage, do you, do you. . ." At that precise moment, the camera shot is over his shoulder into the audience. There is a clear view of me seated in the audience, bracing myself due to Afflecks challenge. Why this is relevant, is the director did 4 different takes of that shot. Affleck became furious, because he felt I was upstaging him in his effort of the scene, which the director got word of Afflecks dissent, it moved around the theatre in a hurry. I was asked to move, quite candidly, by one of the films crew. I obliged. The director did another 3 takes of the shot, I suspect he had a total of 8-10 shots to play with for that scene. In the editting room, no doubt the director must have enjoyed what I did because they decided to keep my action in a critical part of the scene.

Before I left the theatre, I walked up to Affleck and complimented him on his work, that he graciously accepted. Sam Rockwell, who did a far better job acting, heard about Affleck's dislike of my performance in the audience, I also congratulated and he was reciprocal as well.

The whole time I walked of the Walker Theatre knowing that no one else knew what had happened.

No comments: