Friday, October 14, 2005

The act of privacy - Does not instruct

Don't -
don't do it.
Do not inform.
Don't instruct me.
Don't invade my privacy.
Do not instruct.
Oh, the complacency!
This art exhibits...
quality.
A quality -
that's expectant?
But my dear Shakespeare;
didn't Oedipus fall in love with himself?
(The plagarist he was, Shakespeare.)
But Hamlet did suffer from an identity crisis -
therefore I adopted him as my offspring.
My unborn children.
Oedipus that tyrrant -
such a fool.
My back against the wall...
and the wheels haven't yet fallen off?
Friendship -
dead to all.
Come -
I will lead you.
What?
What?
What?
I ask.
Myself.
I ask myself -
What?
And on this journey,
I stumble upon a wreckage...
abandoned ships at sea.
Colors beyond borders,
without measuring personality or virtue.
I just act -
I'm only acting on each and every syllable,
letters,
verbs,
prayers?
From an inch I notice,
out of place in a passing minute.
The hands on the watch...
tick -
tick -
tick.
Ticking.
Like a time bomb.
Set to explode,
ready to unleash my fury!
But I punish no one -
not a soul.
And my mind aims at the ready.
The moment to chime the bell.
Dling-dong.
Come out from the shadow -
you wicked female!
Male horse!
Equus!!
From the darkness.
"You silly boy."
...she had said to me.
I continue to listen -
she says,
"You are all so very gullible."
I do not speak.
Tell me more,
"I'm red riding hood,
you are the wolf."
"You have to excuse me -
I wear this key around my neck for my executions."
I'm only too aware -
vaguely farmiliar with the surrounding...
METAPHORS.
Do not be the judge!
Only I see the jack-o-lantern.

No comments: